Sunday, July 08, 2007

Out of Context: The Online Dating Edition

"Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Once you graduate, oh, sure, you've got the ruddy degree in witchcraft and the dark arts but whatcha gonna do with it? Doesn't half pay the rent." --NY Times

"It's not like, whoops, I mean as if (see!), I'm perfect, as if I have, after all these years, mastered the subtlety of who/whom, as if I never use "media" in the singular or accidentally type "their" when I mean "there," as if I ever get the comma or not before "too" 100 percent right. I know people don't proofread their myriad daily e-mail messages, and I have certainly been chagrined to discover, say, that I fired off "bike" when I meant "back," but isn't dating online like sending out your résumé, aren't you trying to sell yourself to a potential employer (i.e., friend, lover, hand-to-hold-until-the-end-of-time)?" --NY Times

"In the world of Facebook, friends don't drift apart. Either someone makes an active break, or the connection and the News Feeds go on forever. Get used to it." --Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home