Monday, July 23, 2007

Now That I've Ruled Out All of Modern Orthodoxy

Things that made me happy this Shabbos (besides the obvious time spent with a good friend):

  • lack of visible cleavage in shul
  • general assumption that women would not sing in front of men at the Shabbos table
  • a man making Hamotzi
  • a good number of sheitels (and whole heads of married hair covered) in and out of shul
*Disclaimer: This is not a psak halacha. It is merely an indication of what I feel comfortable with.

3 Comments:

At 7/23/07, 10:16 AM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

interesting. #2 makes me feel very uncomfortable

 
At 7/23/07, 10:28 AM, Blogger SaraK said...

lack of visible cleavage in shul

Having seen this firsthand, I can say the lack of it is always a good thing.

 
At 7/26/07, 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. This made me so happy once I moved out of my MO community and found one I was hashkafically comfortable with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home