Friday, July 22, 2005

Wearing My Heart on My Wrist

















I find these bands that have been the fad for a while really interesting. I find them cool, because they enable you to literally wear your heart on your wrist.

I think I'm partially fascinated by this concept because I'm generally a quiet person, someone who doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve. In fact, I tend to wear my heart somewhere way down deep inside where it's hard to find. And though I can't help that, sometimes it bothers me. It bothers me that though my beliefs are well-thought-out and I am proud of them, I don't always share them.

So, I think it's really cool to be able to wear a bracelet that expresses exactly what you believe. It's a way of saying you're proud of something - that you believe strongly in something - without having to say it, and I think that's pretty cool.

FYI, at the moment, my left wrist is dedicated to pro-Israel (but as soon as my sister gives me the newest one, anti-Disengagement) bracelets. It's what I believe.

Of course, this theory on how cool these bracelets are was slightly harmed when I saw one that said "ThinkThin" on my sister's wrist. I guess all things can be used for good or evil...

4 Comments:

At 7/22/05, 12:20 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Yes, I agree. They have been taken over but it's a great thing if used correctly. Great post.

 
At 7/22/05, 1:23 PM, Blogger TRW said...

I was going to ask you why you didn't have the orange one yet ;). And I have a green one that says "Live Jewish" which is also nice! :)

 
At 7/25/05, 6:25 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Yup, my orange one is on its way. And I've seen the green one - it's really cool too!

 
At 7/26/05, 6:38 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

I don't think there are any that are specifically pro-Disengagement. The pro-Disengagmenet color is blue, and there are blue bands that say "Support Israel" on them, so I guess that's as close as there is to a band that says, "Good job Sharon, kick out the settlers you sent to live there."

Sorry, I'm clearly slightly biased...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home