Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Boys Are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them

This from a NY Times article, The Man Date: "Simply defined a man date is two heterosexual men socializing without the crutch of business or sports."

The article notes that women have long since understood this need for emotional support and bonding with people of your own species, umm, i mean gender. "Women understand this instinctively, which is why there is no female equivalent to the awkward man date; straight women have long met for dinner or a movie without a second thought."

Like, duh.

Even if you believe in co-ed socializing (on which I refuse to comment at this time) of course you sometimes want to hang out with a friend of the same sex as you, why should that be weird? And of course it wouldn't be weird. Unless you were a boy. And since we all know boys are stupid...

(Note: Just because I think boys are stupid - and I fully subscribe to said theory - does not mean I don't want to marry one someday. It just means they're stupid. I can accept that. Can you?)

3 Comments:

At 4/13/05, 8:30 AM, Blogger Karl said...

Heard this past Shabbos:
Under the Chuppa, the Chossen and Kalla are gazing at each other in anticipation af marriage.
The man is thinking, "She is wonderful - I hope she stays this way."
The woman is thinking, "He has wonderful potential..."

 
At 4/13/05, 3:52 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

I think I should label my posts in the title with "sarcastic" if I don't intend for them to be taken seriously.

While I do actually own a "boys are stupid" t-shirt and picture frame, I do not actually believe that all boys are utterly stupid. (Since I don't tolerate stupid people very well, I would be in big trouble if all boys were actually stupid.)

What I do believe is that boys are very, very different than girls, as Karl noted. So different that I truly cannot understand them. And I do believe that they do some foolish things (like not socializing with other guys one on one). I'm sure a guy could call me foolish as well.

We're even I suppose.

 
At 4/14/05, 1:58 AM, Blogger TRK said...

I don't get something, if we are not talking about business or sports what are we doing?

TRK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home