Sunday, March 27, 2005

I Need a (Virtual) Slap in the Face

I love college. I really, really do. (Call me a masochist, but it's the truth.)

However, because all I spend my life doing is studying and reading and writing papers and stuff, and everyone I'm around does the same (I know, I know, my school is full of geeks) I get really caught up in it. And all of a sudden, I'm high on coffee, haven't slept enough or eaten well in an entire year and am obsessing over the little plusses and minuses after the letters on my report card as if they're going to absolutely determine the rest of my life.

And that is a sad, sad reality.

So, I've come to the conclusion that I need a reality check - a virtual slap in the face, if you will. I need something that will make me think outside of myself: a chesed, a job, a project, just something that will make me realize on a fairly regular basis that there are so many more important things out there than myself and my schoolwork and my grades.

Any ideas?

3 Comments:

At 3/27/05, 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get married? ;-0

 
At 3/27/05, 4:58 PM, Blogger TRW said...

Find a sefer that you connect with, a chavrusa, and learn something real to counter it (Musar is good, but it's often hard to find a really good mussar sefer)

 
At 3/27/05, 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Partners in Torah? www.partnersintorah.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home