Thursday, March 24, 2005

In Honor of Purim: A Wedding Drinking Game

Disclaimer: This is sarcastic, in case you don't get it. I would not really do this - as appealing as it may seem...

My cousin is getting married this summer. Mazal Tov! This is all very nice except that my cousin is four months younger than me. Now, being a frum girl of marriageable age in the Orthodox community is not so fun. At a simcha it's less fun. At a family simcha it gets worse. At a family simcha when you're older than the bride who is your cousin, it's pretty bad.

So, I have three solutions to this dreaded wedding:

Wear a fake engagment ring just to avoid any 'Im'Yirtzeh Hashem by you's. (My mother threatened to kill me if I pull this one, because after all you never know who you're going to meet and where...)

Wear a sign that says 'Amen' in answer to all of the 'Im'Yirtzeh Hashem by you's.

Or my personal favorite (and Purim appropriate), play a drinking game that would go something like this: a drink for every time someone says 'Im'Yirtzeh Hashem by you' to me, a drink for every not so subtle glance at my left ring finger, a drink for every time a little old lady offers to set me up with her grandson who is 28 and has absolutely nothing in common with me - but hey all a marriage needs is a boy and a girl who are less than 30 years apart, right?

Now, in all likelihood, I will be the good girl that I am and go to the wedding and just grin and bear it. But please, vote for your favorite.

6 Comments:

At 3/24/05, 1:52 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Definitely #3!

But only if I get to see it happen...

 
At 3/24/05, 2:30 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Stx condoning drinking?! Never thought I'd see that happen. And it would be a lot more fun if you could come :)

 
At 3/24/05, 9:05 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Condoning? Who said I was condoning it? Just want to see what comes out of your mouth when it happens...Somehow, I think it would be fascinating! :)

 
At 3/25/05, 1:37 PM, Blogger EN said...

Your good! Im yirzah hashem by you bekarov! (say amen even if it is hard ;) )Happy purim.

 
At 3/27/05, 2:41 AM, Blogger Karl said...

Hope you had a good Purim. and didn't drink too much!

 
At 3/27/05, 6:22 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

I did (have a good Purim and didn't drink), and the same to the rest of y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home