Monday, March 07, 2011

משנכנס אדר מרבין בשמחה


My grandmother has this thing about hanging pictures of fish on the apartment door for the month of Adar. She thinks it's a segulah to get married. I think it's a bubbe meise (which is my general opinion toward segulahs, though I do have a drawer full of plate shards in my parents' house and am especially thankful for my good immune system after every sip of segulah wine). But, still, for the past three years, I have dutifully hung up the watercolor fish my grandmother has sent. In those three years, four out of six of my roommates have gotten married. Two got engaged while I lived with them. It seems that these fish are actually roommate segulahs, if anything, but that's good, too.

This year, my grandmother did not send me a fish. I'm not sure if that means she's given up on me (or my roommate) or she just forgot. In any case, I hung up last year's fish. It can't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home