Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to Reality, L.A. Style

I'm back from New York, utterly exhausted, and being trained to be a T.A. (I have currently learned not to date my students or go to their parties).

In New York, I got to be a part of a fantastic wedding, see my sister off to her year in Israel, ransack said sister's closet after she left (mostly unsuccessfully), enjoy three boxes of seasonal Popems (Fourth of July ones, which, thanks to all the preservatives, were still fresh and delicious) and better sesame chicken than can be found in L.A., play a game of Trivial Pursuit, participate in a NYC scavenger hunt, buy books at the Strand (which luckily fit in my luggage), watch lots of Gilmore Girls at odd hours of the night, Skype into class (it's so much more productive when you can frost cupcakes while listening to lecture), and just spend time with awesome friends whom I don't get to see nearly enough. 

And now, back to the reality that is great weather, getting paid to go to school, and my birthday season (the period in between my Hebrew and English birthdays). It's a tough life. 

2 Comments:

At 8/22/10, 7:20 PM, Anonymous allison said...

Glad to see you finally figured out how to celebrate your birthday--I've been telling you for years.

 
At 8/25/10, 10:34 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

The period in between Hebrew and English birthdays: chol hamoed birthday? Dubbed by someone else, but apt, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home