Friday, May 15, 2009

Her Daughter's Friend's Husband's Brother

Yesterday a sort-of relative left me a voice mail trying to set me up with some guy her daughter's friend's husband's brother knows. Or something ridiculous like that. Though I fully maintain that the Jewish geography is not a stretch until there's a dog involved. He is a lawyer, which figures—I'm doomed to date Republican lawyers forever. Or until I marry one, says my sister.
 
Anyhow, I called back and told the sort-of relative that, well, I'm moving cross-country, so ... (That was too easy, right?)
 
Without skipping a beat, she said, "Well how about him for your sister?" As if my sister and I are interchangeable? The same person? Looking for the same thing? None of these things are true. Also, she didn't even specify which sister. (Sister who reads this blog: Wanna go out with him? I can call the sort-of relative back.)
 
I guess this is not quite as bad as this time when I didn't want to go out again with a guy (Starbucks in the Heights for one hour? Seriously.) who did want to go out again. The woman who set us up had the brilliant idea of setting my cousin up with him solely so she wouldn't feel bad telling the guy I wasn't interested. As in: "Eli7 had a really good time. She doesn't think it'll work out, but she thinks you're such a great guy that she'd like to set you up with her cousin." 
 
Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 5/15/09, 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I thought according to your brother you and your sister are one person!

 
At 5/17/09, 7:51 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Well, if my brother was the one trying to set me up ... I would have many other problems, starting with the fact that he is 4.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home