Sunday, February 01, 2009

An Ode to Popems

I like seasonal food products. A lot. I like donuts a lot as well. So the best seasonal food of all is Entenmann's seasonal Popems. They're the chocolate ones with sprinkles, and you can only get them during a season. Season, it should be noted though, is defined relatively loosely--Fourth of July, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Back to School, Christmas, Halloween--all count as seasons. But the point is, you can't always get them because sometimes we are seasonless, like, say, the period between Independence Day and back-to-school time. There is no appropriate sprinkle color theme for Labor Day. I've given these as gifts they are so good and alerted my friends via text message when I find them. There are Valentine's Day Popems on shelves right now if you can find them, and I suggest you try. I suggest you find people to share them with--they are addictive as well.

4 Comments:

At 2/2/09, 1:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They are the best!

 
At 2/3/09, 5:31 AM, Blogger K said...

I'd have to (respectfully!) disagree...

;)

...to say the least.

 
At 2/3/09, 9:38 PM, Blogger bopbeeboop said...

aaaaaamen. ps associated doesn't have them. what's the name of your dealer?

 
At 2/5/09, 5:52 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

It's a hit-or-miss sort of thing. Which is why I suggest you buy them whenever you find them. Key Food has them sometimes. Duane Reade, sometimes. The Morton Williams near Columbia, more frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home