Monday, November 17, 2008

Deep Thoughts: The Herpes and Borscht Edition

Stuff I found interesting, or, more specifically, stuff I found while procrastinating:

  • Herpes is cute. Well, this stuffed herpes. (And, yes, a Web site that sells stuffed microbes is sort of bizarre in its own right.) Chalk that up to one of the only times you'll ever hear that sentence, though. I thought that it would be a googlenope, but "Herpes is cute" appears nine times on the Internet already. At least some of those are also in reference to the stuffed variety. 
  • Borscht is in the AP Stylebook, which on first glance seemed ridiculous, but considering the word has appeared in The Times 1,041 times since 1981, maybe it's not so crazy. It's certainly not on my top-10 list of most-useful words. Or top-1,000 list.
  • A Republican deer
  • On whether this election reinforced negative stereotypes of women and set feminism back. Not sure I agree but interesting.
  • This looks like the best game ever. Too bad it's $70. But it might diversify my Trivial Pursuit collection. 
  • Am I a bad person if I am considering donating blood mostly for the $5 Starbucks card?

2 Comments:

At 11/19/08, 8:21 PM, Blogger beverly said...

Where do they give you a five dollar Starbucks card for blood?!

The most I've ever gotten was a free t-shirt, size extra large.

 
At 11/24/08, 3:11 PM, Blogger the apple said...

My friend's mom has a stuffed E. coli!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home