Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What Not to Wear: Baby-sitters Club Edition

I'm working on two real posts, so you'll be able to read something that is not drivel here soon, hopefully. But until then, some more drivel.

This Web site is amazing. It's called "What Claudia Wore," and it examines the ridiculous clothing that Claudia wore in The Baby-sitters Club series, which just so happens to be the stuff of my childhood. Last time I was home, I even found my Baby-sitters Club sleeping bag.

But the Web site is hilarious. I think when I was little I was so totally enamored by the babysitters--or so thoroughly brainwashed by the '80s--that I thought what they wore was normal, cool even. False. All their clothing is awful.

2 Comments:

At 11/10/08, 11:39 AM, Blogger the apple said...

I *loved* the Baby-sitters Club. I wanted to be a member so badly! But did you ever notice how they go through so many seasons, and yet they never age? It's really incredible. 13 and 11 for years!

 
At 11/11/08, 5:08 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

It's even more unfortunate considering 13 is an especially bad age to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home