Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hello, My Name Is ...

After four years at Columbia -- where large meals (20+) and long, rambling name games were par for the course -- I have cultivated a relatively strong dislike (I was going to put hatred, but that's probably a little bit extreme) for name games.

Some of the ones I've encountered, though not necessarily played (you can judge whether they're the best or the worst):

  • What did your childhood smell like?
  • If you were in a room with 5-year-olds with an intent to kill, how many of them could you take? (You can find your answer here.)
  • Favorite punctuation mark. (OK, that one's sort of amazing. For bonus points, you can guess mine.)
  • If you were a section in Wal-Mart, what section would you be?
  • Name a stereotype of the high school/Israel school/college the person sitting next to you attended.
Suggested name game for the meal I was at for Shabbos lunch: Who at this table have you dated?

2 Comments:

At 9/21/08, 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

em dash?

 
At 9/22/08, 6:05 AM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Yup. You win ... a day from my "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" daily calendar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home