Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coffee = Liquid Sleep

Taylor the latte boy,
Bring me java, bring me joy ...
Who'd have thought that love could be so caffeinated?

I used to have a plan that involved a friend working at a coffee shop so as to provide me with free coffee. This seemed like really fabulous, money-saving plan for me. My friends, ahem, would-be-baristas were less convinced. 

I once ventured even further and suggested that perhaps a guy who worked at a coffee shop would be perfect for me because I could get free coffee and he would smell like coffee, which is a pretty amazing thing to smell like.

(At which point my friend told me I was sick or ridiculous or both. Which is probably true, but beside the point.)

This song about falling in love with "Taylor the latte boy" (lyrics above) makes the same assertion that dating someone who works at a coffee shop would be fantastic. I mean, the song doesn't actually make that assertion, but it almost does. And it's true.

Time for a coffee break. (One of the things about being a copy editor is that I have coffee breaks when other people are leaving -- or have left -- work.)

1 Comments:

At 9/24/08, 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you can marry a tax accountant who also lives on coffee. My relatives' house smells like Dunkin Donuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home