Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Deep Thoughts: The Two Weeks' Notice Edition

Co-editor: I'm really sad that you are leaving. What are we going to do without you?
Me: Don't be silly. Maybe they'll hire someone new and fabulous.
Co-editor: No.

  • Giving notice is ... awkward. But a quick Google search told me how to do it. (This is also how I get my health information, which does not exactly please my mother, who is a nurse.)
  • It is hard to work for the two weeks after you've given notice. Like senioritis but worse.
  • Scrabulous is back! Sort of. It's called Lexulous and you can't play via e-mail yet. Also, the online version is timed, which is scary, but my co-editor and I tested it out at work today, and it's definitely better than nothing.
  • Voice mail messages you might not enjoy: "Hi Eli7, this is Eema. Abba just told me what you're planning on doing with your job [the deed was already done by the time my mother placed the call]. Are you really sure you want to do that, especially in today's economy?"
  • I am going to start telling people that I am banking on Obama winning the election so I can get health insurance.
  • Yesterday, I canceled my New York Times subscription. My sister once said that she is the sort of person who would starve to death rather than give up her newspaper. I believe in journalism, but I canceled my subscription so that I can pursue a career in journalism.

2 Comments:

At 10/11/08, 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do know you under COBRA you probably can stay on your former employer's plan for a limited period of time, right?

 
At 10/26/08, 9:50 AM, Blogger Nephtuli said...

Sorry to hear about your job. It takes a lot of guts to quit, especially now, but it's better to find something you really love before you have a family and real responsibilities. Good luck finding something you enjoy more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home