Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Deep Thoughts: The I Drove to Brooklyn and I'm Not Dead Edition

  • Starting your day with shopping, coffee and good friends is pretty much the best thing ever. Second only to hanging out with a friend in the gorgeous sunshine in a park, sprawled out on a blanket and people-watching (I mean, kid-watching) with, um, coffee. And then recovering from the exhausting experience with ice cream.
  • Being sheltered leads to biases. I'm sorry, I know that may be controversial and even insulting, but it's true. I understand the sheltering, really I do, but I just am completely unconvinced that it's worth the hatred, skepticism, and ignorance it breeds.
  • If you find an H&M shirt you like, buy it in every color.
  • I now know that I can drive to Brooklyn and back without killing myself. Which is a good thing to know, I suppose.
  • This TV show about high school students putting out a newspaper is hilarious in its awfulness. This brouhaha about the high school EIC e-mailing a college student-journalist (who goes to a certain college and works for a certain newspaper) who wrote some negative things about said EIC in a review is even more hilarious. (More to come on this show perhaps, though probably it warrants no more words.)
  • I feel sort of bad for Hillary.
  • I have a long to-do list and no motivation to do any of it, which is highly unfortunate. I am hoping the lure of free Starbucks tomorrow morning will get me up and out of my apartment and working really early.
  • I love Shabbos, but I hate making Shabbos plans with a passion.

2 Comments:

At 6/4/08, 5:27 AM, Blogger K said...

<3 <3 <3 <3

you are so wise!

 
At 6/6/08, 9:56 AM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Oh...
I used to admire Hillary a little...
now all I see is a whiny 4th grader..
ughh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home