Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happy Christmas, Merry Holidays


I really like Christmas lights. (The ones on Columbia's College Walk are pictured above and are absolutely stunning.) And much as I would like to believe that they are "holiday" lights and completely secular and that I can love them as just that, I know that they are Christmas lights and I can admire them from afar, but unless I'm going to hang them on my sukkah that's all they're ever going to be.

So this article strikes me as just a little bit ridiculous. I mean, call it secular, call it something an atheist can be comfortable with, but don't tell me, "So divorced has Christmas become from religion that I find no necessity to bother with euphemisms such as happy holiday season." For God's sake (pun intended), it's called CHRISTmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home