Sunday, June 05, 2005

Overprotection, Laundry, and Kissing Boo-Boos

Mothers have an innate right to be overprotective. It's just one of those things they do, along with laundry and kissing boo-boos.

I think because I'm out of the house so much and my mother has better things to worry about than me, I sometimes forget that, and it's funny for me to watch an overprotective mom and daughter. I don't think it's a bad thing - on the contrary, within some limits I think it actually is nice to be shown on a regular basis that you are loved (I know that overprotected daughters may not feel the same, but...). It's just funny to me. Overprotection of a twenty-year-old is just something that strikes me as weird, in a good way (it's strange as in striking).

But maybe that's just because I don't live at home anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home