Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Deep Thoughts: The Back to School Edition

  • So, I've decided that on days when I have 9:30 class, it's worth getting to school before 8 in the morning to avoid rush hour traffic. In theory, this makes sense. In practice, I am tired.
  • You're never too old for a moon bounce. (Best birthday party ever.)
  • I may have opened almost all of my birthday presents a week before my birthday. 
  • New Year's Eve cocktail party-themed Rosh Hashana meal: genius. Too bad I didn't think of this on Jan. 2 last year so I could have gotten lots of on-sale New Year's products. Though Halloween stuff has been in stores for a few weeks already, so maybe New Year's products will hit stores before Rosh Hashana. One can only hope, I suppose.
  • And now, I will start preparing to present an article in class on Thursday. Yes, I have a class presentation on the first day of that class. I'm pretty sure there's something inherently unfair about that. What ever happened to the first day class being the day the prof gives out the syllabus and lets you out early?

2 Comments:

At 9/8/11, 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a Party City near you? They tend to have at least some holiday stuff year-round.

 
At 9/18/11, 4:58 PM, Blogger Yedid Nefesh said...

how do you have a presentation on the first day? i have one next week and i already feel like its unfair..
And ya i get to school at 8, when there is no choice, there is no tired....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home