Sunday, May 29, 2011

East Coast: How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways

Things I love about the East Coast (even if I am in a city that is not THE city):

  • Public transportation. Though I am still confused by Boston's Silver Line, which seems to be a magical/mysterious bus that is part of the subway system.
  • Seasonal Pop'ems. Yes, it is way too early for Fourth of July edibles, but I am not complaining. (I did, however, already buy flags for my Fourth of July Shabbos meal, which will have to take place well before the fourth, since I, terrible citizen that I am, will be out of the country for the fourth.) 
  • Pretty, quaint old buildings. Because Southern California architecture leaves much to be desired.
  • Walkable cities.
  • Dunkin' Donuts. Yes, I am aware that Dunkin' Donuts iced lattes are more sugar than coffee, but they are so very delicious.
I will say that I do not miss the East Coast's humidity. My hair doesn't miss it, either. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home