Friday, September 18, 2009

כתיבה וחתימה טובה


Rosh Hashana is a hard holiday (I was just listening to a shiur on how it's a tempered yom tov—it's a chag, but it's also yom ha'din, and our enthusiasm for the chag is dampened by the fact that we need to focus on, y'know, asking for forgiveness and a good next year and all), and, as usual, I feel wholly unprepared.

This is not helped by the fact that I am feeling sort of guilty for blowing up at my roommate (who kinda sorta deserved it, which means I'm also feeling guilty over not feeling guilty enough).

This past year has been a hard one. A lot of really great things happened (I got into a fantastic grad school; good friends got married; I lived in a fantastic place with fantastic friends nearby; I had amazing friends to lean on; I successfully walked up and down a steep hill in 4.5-inch heels; I'm sure there are plenty of others) and a lot of not-so-great things happened (I moved to L.A., for one), and I am still sort of stuck in a "living on the other coast isn't nearly as much fun and I miss the people I care about and I hate driving and school is hard" sort of rut.

But here's to hoping this new year is a good one for me, for my family, and for my friends. Here's to good things. (Now go daven for them for the next two days.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home