Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Statements

"I'm all out of faith/ This is how I feel/ I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn"

I am a good copy editor. I love copy editing. I do not love my job. I hate that I do not love my job. I am too young to settle for a job I do not love. I also don't have very many choices. (As someone I know said recently, "they don't give journalism jobs away like halloween candy.")

I have fabulous friends, who all, unfortunately, seem not to be in this city or even this state.

I have an almost-dead computer, which is not old enough to die. I am tempted to get a shiny new Mac. I should be backing up said computer this second.

I have a pile of five books next to my pillow and am not reading any of them.

I am almost 24 years old, which is so old and so young and so ridiculously confusing.

I have been stressed out for a year straight. I like having direction. I need to know what I want and where I am going. I feel like I don't know anything. I want things to make sense.

I am afraid of failure. I am afraid of not being good enough. I am afraid of never figuring it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home