Saturday, August 02, 2008

Deep Thoughts: Proud to Be an American Edition


  • I am glad I do not live in Russia. (Money quote: "'If we had no sexual harassment we would have no children,' the judge ruled.")
  • Scrabulous via e-mail is some consolation, but it's just not the same as on Facebook.
  • I thought I was the best sister ever for going home to visit my sister, but then one of my other sisters one-upped me by going to see our brothers at camp for visiting day. (Also, warning the sister whose room I sleep in that I was coming home for Shabbos might have been a nice gesture. Oops.)
  • Gchat is fabulous, but there are some things--like deeply personal revelations--that should just not be shared via instant messaging. Though it does make that awkward silence when you are standing there shell-shocked thinking "whoa" a little a less awkward.
  • Ecards from friends are fantastic, even especially if they say things like "Just a heads up that I have no intention of stabbing you 23 times on the Ides of March."
  • Reason #572 that I love copy editing: Questions like, "If the article says 'The doctor was later found with cocaine in his underwear,' does that mean he was in his underwear or the cocaine was in his underwear?"

1 Comments:

At 8/6/08, 5:44 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

--I got loads of "Good Daughter" points by going and meeting my parents at the airport when they came in yesterday. My mother thanked me at least 3 times, maybe more - I lost count.

--I am going to call you. Really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home