Monday, June 30, 2008

I Don't Wanna Grow Up, Cuz If I Did ...

... I couldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid.

At Toys 'R Us with my mother and my 3-year-old brother:


Me: Eema, you should buy Scrabble for the house so we can play when I come home.
My mother: But we already have Scrabble.
Me: Well, um, you had Scrabble before I took it to my apartment. Hey Rafi, you wanna go set off all the talking Elmos at once? [Which clearly he did.]

Epilogue: The next Shabbos I was home, we (me, my parents, and my 10-year-old sister) had a highly competitive Scrabble game that went until 2 a.m. on Friday night. My mother asked if we could play without points, just for fun. I told her that wouldn't be fun at all. Though all my Scrabulous practice did not let me beat my father, who won by about 5 points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home