Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Glass Ceiling Won't Be Shattered by High Heels

I hate articles like this. Nobody ever writes any articles about how male senators dress or what their haircut is like or that their boots are inappropriate. I pay a lot of attention to what I wear, but articles like this really make me wonder about equality in the workforce. I know, I know, you're all like, "don't make such a big deal about it," but it is a double standard. Can't these smart, successful women be judged for their political decisions and not their power suits?

(And, incidentally, you should not use "entree" for "entry." And I'm relatively certain that the Times' own Maureen Dowd--and not just The Washington Post--referred to Condoleeza Rice as a "dominatrix" for her boots.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home