Thursday, August 25, 2005

I Buy My Clothing at Semicolon

The Gap family has a new store "aimed at that unwieldy and indefinable category known as grown-ups."

They have four lines in the store - vocabulary, analogy (so, I'm thinking that's pretty cool they gave all their lines literary names, that's awesome! I hafta go there just for that even though I am not an unwieldy and indefinable grown up who can never find clothing in the mall - tznius clothing, now that's a different story - but, and here comes the disappointment...) Gap Edition, and Prize.

I mean how disappointing and uncreative is the line "Gap Edition?" Well, gee, I couldn't have come up with that myself. I want metaphor, thesaurus, punctuation, comma, semicolon!! Couldn't they have been a lil more creative and come up with something fun, original, and literary?

I'm telling you, I wanna be able to say, "I buy my clothing at Semicolon."

3 Comments:

At 8/25/05, 7:17 PM, Blogger Michael said...

My favorite of all punctuation marks, it's often ignored because the lazy find it too difficult to use properly; it's too enigmatic to use regularly.

I think you should pitch the idea to someone; a designer, for example.

Good luck with the idea; I wish you much success.

 
At 8/26/05, 1:20 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Maybe I should just quit school and start a designer brand of clothing called Semicolon... I mean, who needs a Columbia degree anyway?

I think not, but it would be a great idea, I tell ya. Though we can start a Semicolon Lover's club - that's even dorky by Columbia standards.

 
At 8/26/05, 2:59 PM, Blogger Michael said...

LOL, I think I'll pass on membership to that club.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home