Thursday, March 03, 2005

It's a Good Thing I Like My Classes...

...Because, I tell ya, Stern is looking more and more appealing. And no, I don't want to switch to Stern, and yes, as I've said before and will probably say again, I do love my secular college and believe I have grown from the experience, but sometimes I really do wonder if it's worth it.

Tonight (it's morning already but that's irrelevant) I was asked if I wanted to go to a dance party (umm, not really) and then was asked if I wanted to go buy "booze" for the office (no!).

And yes, I LOVE Columbia, and yes, I do believe it's the right place for me. And it's true that I am very overtired and slightly frustrated, and may regret this post after a good night's sleep (in which case, it'll take a while), but is this really where a good frum girl belongs? Should I be here? Sometimes I wonder. I really wonder.

AFTER SOME SLEEP, I re-read this post and I don't regret it and I don't even regret the fact that I felt this way. I think it's important that I'm forced to re-evaluate my decisions on a semi-regular basis and don't just go with the flow and be happy with where I'm at. If being asked to go buy alcohol (which by the way, I couldn't do anyway since unlike most college students I don't have a fake ID) means I re-think where I am and how I got here and whether this is where I should be, that's a good thing. It's ok if I come to the conclusion that I'm happy with those decisions, but it's important for me to think about them and to make sure I'm in the right place - booze or no booze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home