Deep Thoughts: The 2 a.m. Class Edition
Week 12 in L.A., but who's counting?
- Community colleges are apparently gaining lots of popularity (for two economy-related reasons: People are losing their jobs and so are going back to school, and people can't afford four-year colleges). To accommodate this popularity, community colleges are adding late-night classes, the NYT tells us. Class that lasts until 2:30 a.m. This seems bizarre but at least somewhat sensical for classes like literature and psych. Two a.m. welding, however, sounds more than slightly dangerous.
- Being grown-up means making yourself chicken soup when you're sick.
- Grade inflation. It exists.
- The great thing about ice cream parties is there is often a kosher option (ice cream bars!). Also, fun fact learned at said ice cream party: Snickers is the most popular candy bar. Who would have thought?
- "We're all sort of off—because we're here." —A Professor