Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheap Cheap for Bnei Torah

When I was in Israel for the year, my friend and I found a sign on a random store window in Geula that said "Cheap Cheap for Bnei Torah."

We thought it was cool that a store advertised discounts for bnei Torah, so we took a picture with the sign. Another friend thought that we were indicating that we were cheap cheap for bnei Torah.

This morning, I was in the dentist's office. My dentist has pictures of Israel on his office walls. I was in an examination room I had never been in before and he had a picture of the same sign on his wall.

No girls in his picture, though.

1 Comments:

At 5/22/08, 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mt favorite sign on an Israeli storefront: "Big discounts for brave tourits!"
Not sure if this implied that the store was dangerous to walk into, but okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home