Thursday, May 25, 2006

Summer Job Advice: Get Fired

This article suggests that in at least a "few, highly publicized cases," the "underling tell-all" has succeeded in making the "public airing of workplace shenanigans" by said underling and subsequent firing of said underling a lucrative career move.

So, advice for the wide-eyed summer gopher, I mean, intern? Blog all about it, get fired, write a best-selling novel, sell the movie rights, and retire--without ever holding a real job.

Hey, it's that or do a really, really good job photocopying and buying coffee. And personally, the former option sounds much more appealing...

4 Comments:

At 5/26/06, 7:23 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Um...just wait until AFTER the wedding to get fired. Oh, wait, that'll be too late...

Well, it'll save on college tuition!

 
At 5/27/06, 7:45 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Heh - my mother sent me the same article... just a day after a prospective employer asked my about my blog in a phone interview. Not sure if that was a plus or minus for me...

 
At 5/27/06, 9:01 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

I mean, I think most people are wise enough to use discretion in what they post on their blogs and all is good. Though, if you're looking for a laugh, check out this intern tale.

 
At 5/29/06, 8:59 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Most people are *not* wise enough, which is surprising, but I think I've stayed out of trouble... (unless someone's VERY liberal).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home