Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm So Vain, I DO Think The Song Is About Me

"You're so vain I bet you think this song is about you."

I'm upset at someone, and she doesn't even know it. And I don't intend to tell her either. I'm not going to tell her because, quite frankly, I have no right to be upset at her. But even though I keep telling myself that it's not fair for me to be upset, I am upset. Upset at what this person has (or rather has not) done, and also upset that I cannot stop myself from being upset.

No, the world does not revolve around me. Yes, people do occasionally have more important things to worry about than me. Yes, life sometimes gets in the way, and isn't true friendship about understanding that and not getting upset when your friend has bigger and better things to worry about? Isn't true friendship about giving and not expecting to receive?

Somehow, as much as I say that to myself, I can't seem to convince myself not to be upset, and that above all else is upsetting.

2 Comments:

At 6/28/05, 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This time you are wrong. Your world does revolve around you and you are the most important person in it. Don't think though that someone elses own world is different - human nature dictates it. Remember, "bishvili nivra haolam". You are the most important person in your world, but they also have their own world too.
Being upset wont help anyone with anything, so why bother. Speak to your friend, maybe explain your situation. You may not want to hurt her feelings, but at least it will clear you own up.

 
At 6/28/05, 2:11 PM, Blogger Devorah said...

Uh oh. Mea culpa?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home