Saturday, February 19, 2005

Michlala Poster Girl?

I was recently talking to someone about Michlala and mentioned that while I did not love my seminary while I was there, in retrospect it was literally the best thing that ever happened to me. To which she responded that I should be my seminary's poster girl, which I kinda thought was funny; I'm probably not exactly the ideal of what Michlala would like of its graduates (I'm in a secular college after all).

But at the same time, I did mean what I said. Seminary was really, really the best thing that ever happened to me ... even if I didn't think so at the time. (For more about my love of sem, look here.)

One of my friends told me that she hated her shana bet with a passion, and explained that "it's hard to grow." It's true: changing what you believe in, questioning who you are, those are not easy things to do and I did do them in Israel despite my recalcitrance (look, it's an SAT word!) to any sort of growth. And I couldn't be happier about the fact that I did.

Maybe I could be Michlala's poster girl after all...

3 Comments:

At 5/18/08, 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
so i typed michlala into google and i read your post and it really made me question a few things ....

i really think i want to go there next year but coming from a co-ed modern orthodox background im starting to feel like i might not like it or fit in !!

can you pleaase tell me somemkey points about your experiencces and whetehr it would be worth appling ???
thanks so much

stressed sem girl to be
-x-

 
At 5/18/08, 1:44 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

I'd love to talk to you about Michala (which was truly a great experience for me). I hope this post didn't turn you off. Please e-mail me at granddelusions@gmail.com and we can discuss.

 
At 5/25/08, 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

just sent an email to your account sorry it took a while to reply
hope you get it and we can talk
-x-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home