Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Accessorize What You've Got

"I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss - the perfect parent - or the perfect outfit. But maybe the best any of us can do is not quit, play the hand we've been dealt, and accessorize what we've got."

I'm just saying... Life doesn't always turn out the way we would like it to. I guess that's just the way it is, and all you can do is make the best of what you've got. In other words, when life throws you lemons, make lemonade. (Sorry for the lack of originality, but finals have muddled my brain and this is how I'm feeling right about now, and I'm a sucker for clothing metaphors ;)

2 Comments:

At 5/10/05, 7:53 PM, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Didja ever feel like that's what finals are--taking lemons and making lemonade?

Cuz by the time you trudge out of them, exhausted, you feel like you've been squeezed dry.

 
At 5/10/05, 8:35 PM, Blogger Eli7 said...

Well, that's not exactly what I meant (and one could argue - could if her mind wasn't filled with judicial politics junk - that while finals may be sour like lemons, you don't end up with anything sweet like lemonade when you come out exhausted afterwards) but whatever works for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home